Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stress and two dinners

First the stress:
So my stress is building and along with it builds my fat reserves!! So at weigh this week I am up 3 pounds. So disappointed in myself! I know logically that until I take my test on Tuesday I am not going to seriously follow any weight loss plan I might make. So my goal is that Tuesday will be the start of my new plan. I have it started in my head but I am trying to not even think about it right now so I can get through this week!!

So onto the two dinners:

I am loving taking pictures of food and I can't wait till I graduate and I get myself a new nicer camera!!

Day before yesterday I made a roast in the oven along with asparagus and a green salad. The roast was super easy and delish. You see the BF bought part of a cow awhile back and now I am trying to use so that I have room in the freezer for other things besides beef. So I took an arm roast, and cut little holes all around it that I shoved garlic chunks in. Then I covered the whole thing in Montreal steak seasoning.

All I did then was throw it in my fancy Pampered Chef roaster, spill a little red wine around the bottom and pop in the oven for an hour or so.


Even though it had great flavor it was a little tough. I forgot to trim all the "silver skin" off. So says the BF. But it was good the next day as leftovers also. The kid had it straight, I had it chopped on a salad, and the BF had it chopped up in quesidillas. So all in all it was good but could have been better.

Tonight I went on the WW website and found a recipe for baked Ziti. Sounded good but could be better.

I took the recipe and got rd of the peas (nasty!!) and added a red pepper and mushrooms. So tasty, everyone liked the BF and the kid with no requests or ideas on how it could be better from either one of them!! What a nice surprise!

Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage


Ingredients
3/4 pound(s) raw turkey sausage, spicy-variety, casings removed
1 medium onion(s), chopped
1 medium green pepper(s), chopped
1 medium red pepper chopped
8 oz mushrooms chopped
28 oz canned diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp canned tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp fennel seed
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
12 oz uncooked whole-wheat pasta, ziti, cooked according to package directions
6 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheeses

Instructions

* Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
* Crumble the sausage meat into a large saucepan and brown over medium heat, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
* Drain off any fat, then add the onion, mushrooms and bell peppers. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
* Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, thyme, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring often.
* Stir in the cooked pasta and half the cheese. Spread evenly into a 9- X 13-inch baking pan. Top evenly with the remaining cheese.
* Bake until the cheese has melted and the casserole is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before slicing into 8 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.



And to finish this post I have decided to give up two things for Lent (even though I am not Catholic)
1. Soda
2. Salad Dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment