Monday, June 6, 2011

Scuttlebutt, camping, cold tail and tears...oh my

Whew what a weekend!

Three days of camping at the most beautiful location!

I love our annual friends camping trip! Look forward to it all year to be honest, it officially starts the summer for me!! There is nothing better then sitting around the campfire, drinking, roasting marshmallows and playing categories! This year we went to Crescent Lake instead of Fall Creek, and it was a huge improvement! We were right on the water and when we drove up the sun was setting and it was breathtaking!! Everyday was wonderful, fires, shooting guns, fishing (catching twigs!) and just hanging out! Another great trip with friends for the books!

So today's Accidental Gourmet's menu was:
Scuttlebutt Scallops Scored a B
Confidential Couscous Scored an A
Scandalous Salad Scored a C




While camping poor Max Dog hurt his tail! He LOVES to fetch the ball out of the water so we threw it in the lake for him as much as he wanted us too. Turns out that labs can get a condition called Cold Tail. poor baby spent the last day and the ride home in pain and just miserable looking. Good news is I took him to the vet this morning and they gave me some anti-inflammatory drugs for him and then cleaned out his bony poo. I was so glad at that moment that I never followed through on my childhood dream of becoming a vet. So Max had a dx of Cold tail and bony poo. No more steak bones as a treat, he can only have veggies as treats from now on. He is already feeling better! No tail wagging yet, but that should improve in a few days!


And the tears...today I should have taken my last final of nursing school. I should be getting ready to go out to celebrate right this very moment. And while I am over the moon happy for all of my friends, I feel sick to my stomach that I screwed up so badly. I know that hopefully this time next year I will be doing all the things I should have done today. But it still hurts so bad. I can feel the tears in the back of my eyes. They graduate and get pinned this Sunday, and I am going to go but unfortunately I can only stay for part of it as I have to work that night also. That is probably for the best as I know I won't be able to make it through it without tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment