I’m currently participating in a Day Zero Project. I have set myself 101 goals that I plan to accomplish in 1001 days. That’s approximately 2.75 years. Many people like to create lists of goals for themselves and allowing for a few seasons to pass allows for some greater goals to be placed on the list and allows more time to accomplish them!
The Challenge: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Start Date: 1 May 2011
Due Date: 26 January 2014
For My Hands and Mind
1. Pick 5 new knitting patterns and complete them
2. Finish the random knitting projects around the house
3. Learn to crochet; complete a project
4. Learn to sew; complete a project
5. Read 101 books and write a short review about each.
6. See a foreign film in the theater.
7. Take 5 classes for fun.
8. Go running at least 2 a week for 10 weeks in a row.
9. Run a 5K
10. Run a 10K
11. Run a half marathon.
12. Run a marathon.
13. Get bike repaired and child attachment.
14. Reach weight goal of 160 pounds.
15. Get a family picture taken.
16. Take a family vacation.
17. Go fishing.
18. Go camping.
19. Have a family night once a week. (board game and pizza and movie)
20. Go to Wildlife safari.
21. Go to Disneyland.
22. Prepare 3 recipes from each cookbook I own.
23. Organize recipes and make a custom recipe book.
24. Pick fruit and make jam.
25. Can pickles.
26. Plant and maintain a herb garden.
27. Learn the basics of wine.
28. Go wine tasting.
29. Eat Vegetarian for one week.
30. Get a temporary job until school starts.
31. Volunteer at least 3 times a month.
32. Maintain credit card debt at under $500
33. Start a savings account for Steven.
34. Save as close to $4000 for last two terms of school.
35. Read readings from Patho/Pharm winter term.
36. Read readings from Patho/Pharm spring term.
37. Pass nursing course.
38. Gain certification for ACLS.
39. Take WR 227.
41. Organize guest room.
42. Decorate guest room.
43. Decorate bathroom.
44. Decorate living room.
45. Organize pantry.
46. Make a freezer, fridge, and pantry list.
47. Decorate laundry room.
48. Get a bed.
49. Get new couches.
50. Plant raised beds.
51. Teach to write and recognize the alphabet.
52. Teach address.
53. Teach basic math concepts.
54. Teach how to rhyme.
55. Teach how to tie shoes.
56. Go to hiking 5 times.
57. Go to science factory once a month.
58. Swimming lessons.
60. Karate class.
61. Get into kindergarten.
62. Teach sounds of letters.
Health and Beauty
64. Use teeth whitening kit.
65. Wash face twice daily for 1 month.
66. Cut hair.
67. Perfect the smoky eye.
68. Drink 2 liters of water a day for 30 days straight.
69. Make a blog entry for each thing on this list.
70. Take a picture to represent each thing on this list.
71. Take a picture a day for 30 days and blog them.
72. Donate hair to locks of love
73. Send a care package to Iraq
74. donate $5 for every item not completed to a children charity.
75. Volunteer at the food bank.
76. Volunteer at Volunteers in Medicine.
77. Teach Steven how it is more important to give then it is to receive.
78. organize all photos and get rid of the ones that don't mean anything.
79. Label names on the back of all photos that I can.
80. Scan all photos onto the computer.
81. Learn to change a tire.
82. Have a fondue party.
83. Hire a maid service for a day.
84. Buy new camera.
85. Go "off the grid" for a weekend. (no phone, computer, electronic media)
86. Plant a tree
87. Get up early and watch the sunrise.
88. Go to a concert.
89. make Steven a Christmas stocking.
90. Use own bag for groceries only for a month.
91. Organize yarn stash, with patterns picked and printed for all yarn.
92. Compile all birthdays/anniversaries/important dates into a perpetual calender.
93. Downsize clothing; get rid of what doesn't fit or has not been worn in a long time.
94. Downsize shoes; get rid of what doesn't fit or has not been worn in a long time.
95. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy.
96. Donate blood 10 times.
97. Join a book club.
98. Write and mail 5 handwritten notes.
99. See the Northern Lights.
100. Visit the Grand Canyon.
101. Build a bookcase.
Wish Me Luck!!