Friday, May 13, 2011

Dutch Babies

A friend gave me his wife's recipe for dutch babies so I had to try it out.

1/2 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
4 eggs
dash of vanilla
dash of nutmeg
dash of cinnamon


Preheat oven to 425
Take a high walled baking apparatus (I used a cake round) and throw that stick of butter in it and throw it in the oven while you mix up the batter.

Throw the eggs in the blender and beat them. Add the milk and make sure it is covered up. Next add the flour and your dashes ( those were added by me and not in the original recipe) Once all mixed up, carefully pull the apparatus out of the oven and very carefully pour the batter in it.


Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.


Put obscene amounts of powdered sugar and some lemon juice on top. Eat. Enjoy!



I also chopped up some fuji apples and put them in the cake pan when I put it in the oven with the butter. The only thing I would change next time would be that I used whole wheat flour and the baby was a little dense. Still yummy but dense.

My Son's picture he took of with his little kid Fisher Price camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment